Tuesday, February 28, 2012

C4K Summary for February

I had the pleasure of commenting on four different children for "Comments 4 Kids" during the month of February.  My first student was a kid named Alec.  He is a student in Mr. William Chamberlain's class.  Alec's blog post was about the science experiment steps.  He gave step-by-step instructions on growing a bean and even included a photo.  I commented on his page, but it seems my comment is still awaiting confirmation.  I wrote to Alec in a comment post about how much I liked science.  I remember doing the bean growing experiment when I was in school.  I think Alec did a great job writing the different steps in his science experiment.  I look forward to frequently checking back on his blog. 

The second student that I commented on is a 4th grade student of Kasey Huebner's in Iowa.  Their blog is titled Early Kids Blog.  The students were able to have free writing during the week that I commented.  My assigned student posted spells from Harry Potter.  You could definitely tell through reading her other posts that she was an avid Harry Potter fan.  I commented how I thought the Harry Potter series were an adventure to read.  I also asked her if she had ever had been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.  I would love to have an opportunity to visit their myself!

I love blogging photo


The third student that I commented on is Jailyn who is a student of Mrs. Garcia's Awesome Class Blog.  Jailyn's post was on the Rick Hansen Relay.  Before reading her post, I had never heard of Rick Hansen.  This peaked my curiosity so I did a little research and was moved by the life that Rick Hansen had lead.  I urge each of you reading to watch this video created by Mrs. Garcia's class.  Jailyn posted about what they did on their special day.  I commented about how well the students did on creating the video.  I also asked Jailyn what her favorite thing play on the playground.  I mentioned how my son likes to play on the slides.  

My most recent C4K was for a 5th grade student in Mrs. T.G.'s class.  This student lives in Iowa.  My student was 5TG1 GA.  His post was about family vacations and how he believes that his family should take one to have fun together.  He directed the post to his parents and gave a variety of reasons why he thinks they should take a family vacation.  A few places that he mentioned for the vacation was Cancun, Mexico, Disney Land or SeaWorld.  I commented on how fun family vacations are and how family vacations are a time for families to come together, have fun and make life-long lasting memories.  It's not about how much money you spend or where you go.  It's about the time spend together.  

I think "Commenting for Kids" is my favorite part of our EDM class so far.  I love reading the blog posts written by the students.  I am very impressed with their technology skills.  Blogging can help students with a variety of skills including communication, writing, technology, reading comprehension and many more.  This will definitely be something that I hope to do with my future students.  

1 comment:

  1. Great job. I can tell you like C4K's by how excited you are when you're summarizing them for the class!
    I'm a Harry Potter fan, too, as are the other EDM assistants!

    ReplyDelete