Thursday, April 19, 2012

C4K Summary for April

The month of April has been extremely exciting in the C4K world here in EDM 310.  We were asked to be a part of the World Blog Challenge.  My summary for the month is as follows:

I had the privileged of commenting on Cheyenne's blog for the World Blog Challenge.  Cheyenne is a student in Vermont.  Her first post that I commented on was a post where she described where she lived and her favorite things about her state.  One of the "cool" things that she likes about Vermont is Lake Champlain.  She also described other elements of their environment such as the mountains and how crystal clear the water was in the lakes.  Cheyenne shared her love for Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream in her posts, which is located within her state. After all is said, she makes the comment that Vermont will always be her home no matter where she lives.

My comment to her first post can be found here.  I was very impressed with how descriptive she was in her post about her state.  I commented to her that it sounded like a wonderful place to live and expressed how I would love to visit one day.  Being female, I also have an affinity for Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream.  You just can't go wrong with any flavors.  They are all so good.  Also, I was excited that Cheyenne commented back to my comment.  She said that she would keep up the good work and she did.

Her second post was a photo of a sunset.  I asked her if she took the photo.  Below is the image from her blog.

picture of sunset

My final comment to Cheyenne was regarding a post that she made about pollution.  In her post, she asked us to imagine a world where the sky was gray and dull. She described how that's how our world will be if we do not all work together to help diminish pollution.  I replied by saying that I do not want to imagine a world where the skies are blue.  However, I do believe that we all have to do our part to help take care of our planet.  I told her how this summer, my kids and I will be riding our bikes to do small errands and go to the pool.  Thankfully, we live in a residential area where this is possible.  There are so many things that each of us can do to help preserve our beautiful planet.  It was so nice to hear her thoughts and her concern for our planet.  Overall, I believe that she did an excellent job with her posts.  Her thoughts were complete and well organized. Job well done!



No comments:

Post a Comment